Pages

Friday 3 May 2013

London marathon 2014

I was up at 4am...4AM...FOUR....AM....on the 29th April to sign up for this! 4AM! Ballots opened at 12am and I was going to stay up but I got too tired and knew I'd have to get up early for work the next day anyway so fell asleep. Oops. Ballots closed in a record time of 11 and 1/2 hours (so I was technically 7 and 1/2 hours EARLY and don't take this away from me because that's the earliest I've ever been for anything)  I have to wait until early October to find out....so even though I was up at the crack of dawn it doesn't guarantee me a place! I don't think I'll get a place, I was talking to a guy who's entered the ballot for the past 5 years and has never got a place! I would love love love loooooove it if I did get a place, it's something I've always wanted to do. Imagine crossing the finish line and thinking 'I just ran the London Marathon!' - you can tell people 'I did it!' That must be an amazing feeling! The pride and emotion that comes with completion must be so intense AND I'll be running for cancer research and that just means so much MORE!!!!!

I have a year to train but I think I may need 2 years! Its 26.2 miles! The furthest I've ran is about 5 miles. I'm following a training plan that states by October (when I find out if I have a place or not) I should be at marathon level...so in 21 weeks or 153 days I SHOULD be able to run 26.2 miles. Hmmmmmmm. So...if I actually follow this plan and it ACTUALLY works....this could be interesting and to be honest at least I'll lose weight and get fitter even if I don't get a place.

But I won't be running alone. oh no I won't! I signed Hannah up to. I don't think she was too impressed when she got the confirmation email....

I had to go to work but I would of loved to have seen her face when she opened the email! She wants to do it anyway so she thanked me after. It's going to be hard work if we do get places and at the moment I'm not too bothered and in my head it's not going to happen so if I get an email saying I've got a place I'll officially poop myself. I'll be terrified. Hopefully Laura will be running aswell! I hope so! My 2 favourite people EVER running by my side....or about 5 miles in front of me.....

I'm trying to save but now I'm thinking of all the things I need to buy. 
I have trainers but I want the new Nike trainers
I want new running trousers and on the day I want to wear shorts. 
I want a running top
I want to stay over in London after the marathon. 

ugh. I need to win the lottery. 

If you really look at it I'm quite a selfish person....

On a plus note today I transferred money to pay off half my debt. Next month is the other half then its finished!!!!! Then I'm officially debt free. BOOM! I'm so excited. The feeling of being debt free will be like a runners high =D 



0 comments:

Post a Comment