Pages

Friday 3 May 2013

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Staffordshire Film Festival. 
So one of my closest friends is very talented at making animation movies and having a friend this talented has its benefits. Tickets to movie festivals. One of her animations was entered into the film festival this year and the little superstar won 'Best Animation'!

It was the longest day ever though, an hour and half to get there and then a 6 hour day of watching movies. I had lots of coffee. 

Of all the movies I would say there was about 4 that blew me away. One, of course, was Lauras which I'm trying upload but it wont let me! Ah! 
One of my favorites was a short film called 'Driftwood' by James Webber. This was INCREDIBLE. It gave me goosebumps. Its about a fifteen year old swimmer called Sam. He lives in 2 very different worlds. His swimming world and the world outside swimming where he's threatened by gangs and abused by his dad. 
To me, the message of this film was 'you can let life make you or break you'  I think I could do a whole post on this film alone. It's one of those films that's just so inspiring you feel so optimistic after watching it. Having the talent to inspire people like this is a talent that I would love.
Another film was a zombie apocalypse one. I LOVE my zombie apocalypses so as I as soon as I saw it I was like 'this is gonna be good!' and it was EPIC! I've also ACTUALLY got a youtube link (because it won't let me post the video via youtube :s) so you can watch it:
22 hours
my 2 favorite quotes from this are:
'Sometimes the most beautiful moments come from the worst 
and
We've become so obsessed with the future that we don't see the beautiful all around us. It is beautiful. 
The last film I liked....well I say liked I actually think it was the longest, most boring film of the day  but when I finally understood the meaning I was like 'oh. That's pretty cool' I can't remember what the film was called but I can talk about the meaning. 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' it showed the artist living a run down area and it looked quite an awful place to live however when he painted his favourite place to visit he made it look so beautiful because to him its a place of beauty, calm and serenity despite the way it looked. His experiences and memories made him view this broken area with love. It reminded me of my all time favourite Doctor Who Quote:

“You know sometimes you meet someone so beautiful and then you actually talk to them and five minutes later they’re as dull as a brick? Then there’s other people, when you meet them you think, “Not bad. They’re okay.” And then you get to know them and their face just sort of becomes them, like their personality’s written all over it. And they just turn into something so beautiful.”
-Amy Pond

Did I just bring Doctor Who into this post...? Yes. Yes I did.

Overall the day was brilliant, the atmosphere with brilliant and the sweet stand was brilliant.







0 comments:

Post a Comment