Pages

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Time to get this ass into gear!

I am in so much debt right now. Well, I lie, I'm not in as much debt as some people. I'm about.....£1100 in debt. Which is awful. To me. I'm only 21! I have a plan though! I think if I publish this plan I have to follow it. Right? Well...that's what is meant to happen anyway. But here's the thing - someone's opened my eyes. Lets not sugar coat it, I was dumped. I was made to feel so stupid, I was made to question myself...if I'm being honest that's the thing I was most upset about! Anyway - all the stuff that's happened recently has made me want to get up and do something about my life. I'm never going to get anywhere until I get my ass into gear. First things first - pay off debts. Ugh. Its going to be awful. I'm going to feel like I'm working for nothing and for 2 months I have to go without 'things' and I love things! Shopping makes me happy! I love buying new things! Yes, I am AWFUL when it comes to money! *IN DESPERATE NEED OF A MONEY MANAGER!* urm...where was I? Oh yeah, paying off debts. That'll take me 2 months because I'm not a snazzy uptown girl with a well paid job or rich parents, I'm a waitress on minimum wage (which is how all good stories start) and then as soon as they're paid off I'm saving up as much money as I can. I want to do so much. I want to travel. I know that's cliche! Everyone says they want to travel but I really want to. However I want and I will are 2 different things.

I want to travel to New Zealand and visit the home of middle earth!
I want to go to American and tour!
I want to visit Peru so I can do the Inca trail!
I want to jet off to Tanzania and climb Mount Kilimanjaro.
I want to go to Nepal and reach Everest base camp.
I want to go on a safari in South Africa.

I can carry on with the 'I wants' but the 'I wants' aren't going to magically turn into 'I ams' until I get a move on. I don't want to look back and say 'if only' Its quite scary to think that in 21 years I have to sweet nothing. If ONLY I started saving when I first got a job. If there's one bit of advice I can give you its be careful with your money! Save up, have a back up plan because you never know when life is going to screw you over! I'm paying for my past mistakes now but I'm dealing with them and I've learnt from them. I'm never going to let myself get into a mess like this again.

And to think....it took an asshole to make me see this. Well...I should thank him really shouldn't I? Give him a pat on the back and say 'Bravo, Bravo!'

0 comments:

Post a Comment