Pages

Friday 19 April 2013

Stay with me people, you're watching me change my life.

Okay, So my biggest problem was money management. I suck at handling money. I get money and its like I HAVE to spend it. Its there, I have it. I love going into a shop and being able to say 'I'll have that' and I just don't think! I brought a huge mug when I went to London a couple of weeks ago. WHY CHARLIE WHY! I only drink from small mugs - I didn't need that huge mug. It was just because it was from M&M world. I loved M&M world.
Fantastic photography by me. 
and I'm ACTUALLY using the mug as somewhere to put my hair grips. 
My mug smiles at me all the time.

Anyway...IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL! The reason I went to London was to go to the British Museum but for some reason I got more excited about M&M world. More about London in another post right now we're talking MONEY MANAGEMENT.
So right now I have little money in my bank because I've been spending, spending, spending. I've brought clothes, books, food, went to London, erm....and loads of other stuff I didn't actually need to do...so really what I brought today you could call irony. AT LEAST I'M TRYING OKAY! 

Its a money planner. Hence the name on the front. Pure genius. 
A paperchase purchase. We all love a bit of paperchase! 

This is really cool. There's loads of pointless pages in it though. 
I've already filled in the budget pages for the first 3 months and I can see how much has to go out and...I don't know. I'd never thought to do it before because I'm an idiot. I think when its all wrote down on paper its so much clearer and if I'm being honest....a tad bit scary. Especially when I see how much is going out in the first 2 months for debts! I'm just thinking 'I only have to suffer for 2 months! JUST 2 MONTHS!' I can man it. It'll be worth it in the end. 

so....here's August. This is when I'm debt free. So £100 rent for my mum, £15 for my mobile £100 for food (split up into £25 a week...although I don't spend that much on food but you know...to be on the safe side) £4 for Oxfam and then £500 into my savings. Which comes to the grand total of £719. which leaves me money left over for clothes and stuff. Its going to make me more careful with my money that's for sure. In the corner I've wrote 'always split the remaining balance 4 ways' so I'm never going to be out of money. I'm also creating an 'emergency cash' account where I'm going to put a bit of money in each month so I never have to break into my savings. I should really write that down on the 'outgoings' bit...done it. So, £50 is going into the emergency cash bit. Which brings the outgoing balance to...£769 O_0 but its okay because I also get money in tips at work. So....if I don't touch my tips until the end of each month I'll have about £70 extra. The tips could actually be my emergency cash couldn't it? But then if the tips are rubbish....hm...not very reliable I think. Moving on. I'm so excited. I'm really doing it. ME. Managing my money. Awesome sauce. =D 


1 comments: